Friday 3 May 2013

My Encounter With Yoga


                 

                 I have been practicing yoga for roughly over 20 years now on a regular basis (I had given yoga a couple of tries earlier in life and had rejected it initially – another story for another day). One item that continually draws me to yoga is that it offers more than just exercise but also has life lessons and guidance. This does not mean that I accept everything and anything that anyone says in a yoga class, nor that it is my only source of direction. I have had moments though where I found the message being disseminated during my yoga session quite conflicting. 
                   Today I asked one of my students ‘What does Yoga mean?’ She gave me the same old definition as ‘Yoga is the integration of body and mind. Blah... Blah... ’ I think many of us feel the same. But yeah, though it literally means that… My views about it are a bit different. I think Yoga is a feeling that cannot be expressed. It is a relaxing feeling that one gets after all the stress in his day to day life.
Yoga Therapy is the best way to relieve oneself from all the worries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment